Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday Recipe: Very Berry Syrup/Sauce

For the past two weekends I have made this amazing sauce that goes sooooo well with pancakes and waffles....and I imagine it would taste equally as good on french toast, cheesecake and....ICE CREAM! I made some changes to it, but I didn't measure anything out, so I will just post it as it is written to make sure it turns out as good for you as it was for me. One change I did make was I did not just use blueberries...use 2 cups of berries of your choice.



INGREDIENTS
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1/4 cup water
1 cup orange juice
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup cold water
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the blueberries, 1/4 cup of water, orange juice, and sugar. Stir gently, and bring to a boil.
In a cup or small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water. Gently stir the cornstarch mixture into the blueberries so as not to mash the berries. Simmer gently until thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the almond extract and cinnamon. Thin sauce with water if it is too thick for your liking.

14 comments:

  1. That looks amazing!! Will make if this week and try it on pancakes. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, that looks good! I just wanted to thank you for your contribution to Audrey's Country Crafts big giveaway in April. I posted a thank you on my blog:
    http://heatherseden.blogspot.com/

    Thanks so much for the gift!

    Heather/nfmgirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. O my God...that sounds sooooooooooo gooooood :)



    I found your blog by browsing Lauren Alexander's followers.
    She's generously donated one of her prints for a Giveaway on my blog. When you have a moment, come check it out on my blog here:
    http://dish-dish-dish.blogspot.com/

    Have a lovely weekend,
    Kara Witham

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe! It looks mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its like you read my mind! you appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or somthing. I think that you can do woth a few pics to drive th message home a bit, but other than that, this is magnificent blog. A great read I'll certainly be back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I don't know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you arenot already ;) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A recipe is not too complicated for the common cork material, I hope I can do well and get totally like the taste.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jili Slot เป็นผู้ให้บริการเกมคาสิโนออนไลน์และก็สล็อตออนไลน์ มีเกมสนุกสนานๆให้เลือกเล่นมาก สามารถเข้าไปเล่น jili slot เล่นผ่านเว็บไซต์ของพวกเราได้เลย ที่เว็บไซต์ pgslot

    ReplyDelete
  9. เว็บไซต์ สล็อต ค่ายเว็บดังพร้อมสร้างความตื่นเต้นในทุกๆครั้งที่สปินยิ่งกว่าถูกรางวัล pg slot- th.com ปรับปรุงให้เกมมีความเที่ยงธรรม แก่คนที่เข้ามาสปินทำให้เข้ารางวัลได้ง่ายๆ

    ReplyDelete