Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sleepy Saturday Morning.....

Yaaawwwnn! Good Morning! So grab yourself a cup of coffee and come on back and join me! Something that I always found kinda funny, was the fact that my hubby and I were cross country truck drivers for 7 years and neither one of us drank coffee and neither one of us smoked...very rare indeed in that industry! We don't even like cappucino...lattes....and whatever other of those sort of drinks that exist! I do however like to settle in with a cup of hot cocoa every once in a while.....hmm, this post is taking a totally different direction than I had planned it would, so I guess I'll run with it! I guess I'll let you know a little about the people behind The Muddy Moose Bath Boutique.



So I guess a good place to start would be at the beginning....my hubby and I met at work. I was his boss to be exact. And I guess you could say that it was a love at first sight type of situation. A year and a half later we were married....Oct 14, 2000. And about 2 weeks after that were started trucking! I think we have a strong relationship....because on the road....you don't have a whole lot of room to get away from each other and it also forces you to work out your problems quickly! I did leave him (ALMOST) at a rest area in California....but that was totally by accident! HONEST! As I was pulling out of my spot, I looked in my side view mirrors....I couldn't figure out why this guy was running behind me, waving his arms frantically.....oops that guy looks familiar! He is able to look back at it now and laugh....but needless to say, he didn't find it too funny at the time!

Soooo we were in the trucking industry for about 7 years until we decided that it was time to change companies......BUT first we were going to take the vacation of a lifetime...so we quit one company....and took 6 weeks camping cross country....hitting all the awesome spots.....Yellowstone, Glacier, Redwood, Ranier, Yosemite. It was amazing. And when we were finished (July of 07)we decided that is was time for us to plant ourselves somewhere, instead of starting for a new company! And Montana always felt like home everytime we passed through.....so Montana it was! We took jobs with our contractor friend until we moved......in January of '08. We wanted to spend the holidays with our families.....so we moved....no jobs.....no place to live....we just moved.......and here we are today....the other end of a long journey, none the worse for wear! The first year was a little rough.....even though we had been married for 7 years at the time we moved.....it was like we were newlyweds, starting all over again! Well I hope I didn't bore ya too much!


P.S. all pictures are of MT.



DONT FORGET TO SIGN UP FOR MY GIVEAWAY.....IT ENDS TODAY! THIS ONE WILL BE MY BIGGEST AND BEST, SO DON'T MISS OUT!
Also....be sure to check out the great shops to the top right....new and undiscovered...give 'em some love!!

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story, thanks for sharing. It's great to have those fun memories to look back upon. Montana looks beautiful. We'd love to do a cross country *some day*.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting, I love to hear about how couples got together. It's so romantic. And very cool to know that you were his boss, lol!

    My man and I have discussed going on the road, but we've never really given it any serious consideration. Neither of us have any experience in that industry, he has a good job, and I'm in school. So we are pretty firmly planted right now, but maybe one of these days we will just take off and try something new. Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your story! Me and my husband sold our store in New Mexico and travelled by RV. We passed thru Montana a few times and same thing, it just felt like home, so we settled here in Missoula.
    I know a few times on the road I wanted to pull away and leave him at a rest stop! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story! When it's time to make a change, it's time!! I've been a gypsy all my life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun story. My hubby and I met online, and talked for months before we met in person. I think having that start (with all communication) was really good for us--communication is still one of our strongest points. :)

    ReplyDelete