Good Monday morning and welcome! I am so excited to be announcing a new giveaway. This awesome prize comes to you from Tickleworm! She recently contacted me and asked me to host a giveaway for her…..and I jumped at the opportunity (as I do love a good giveaway)! She has decided to give away this cute little pouch.
Doesn't it just remind you of springtime? It is the perfect size and will hold your coupons, eyeglasses….just about anything you want!
So first, let's get to know a little more about the woman behind Tickleworm. Rachel lives in Georgia with her husband and (almost) 3 year old son. Rachel claims she was bitten by the crafting bug when she made her first hand turkey back in elementary school! (LOL) She began her felt work in August 2008. The year previous, her hubby had gotten her a sewing machine and up until that point had never really used it. Then one day, she decided that today would be the day….she broke out the machine and from that point on there was no looking back! She recalls, at that point, she barely knew what she was doing! It had been awhile since 7th grade home economics!
Rachel initially joined the Etsy community in October 2007 only as a buyer. At that time she had hopes of one day opening her own shop. Selling what? Now, that she wasn't so sure. She liked to dabble in all sorts of crafts….jewelry, soaping, and sewing. So one short month after she broke out that sewing machine, she knew. In September of 2008, she opened Tickleworm….and the rest they say, is history!
Rachel especially enjoys finding new ways to reuse old materials…ways to repurpose an old skirt. She loves trying different colors and textures to see what works and what doesn’t. She gets many of her up-cycled items at Salvation Army, second-hand stores or Value City.
Her best seller, Rachel says, are the smaller pouches she makes. Especially the ones with owls or buttons. She says people love them, they have a ton of uses and they aren't terribly expensive. Rachel is excited to announce that she will soon be offering machine stitched flowers, using fabric, felt and buttons. She also recently added some DIY kits to her shop, and if they go over well; she will be adding more.
The best piece of promotional advice Rachel has to offer: The Forums. She likes to go in there and promote. She also promotes offline as well….in her neighborhood, family and friends. Rachel has also recently started using Twitter as a promotional tool as well… I tweet about new products and sales, www.twitter.com/rachelherzog.
Rachel has also been nice enough to offer a 10% discount to my readers. So when you make your purchase, just put "BLOG GIVEAWAY DISCOUNT" in notes to seller.
Ok…now what everyone has been waiting for…..the contest rules:
Once Again, this will be relatively simple to enter and you will get multiple chances to win:
1. The contest is open to EVERYONE EVERYWHERE! You don't even have to have an Etsy store to enter.
2. The contest will run until midnight Sunday May 24, 2009 (mountain time), with the winner being announced Monday, May 25, 2009. Winner will be picked randomly.
3. THIS IS AN IMPORTANT RULE: YOU MUST DO A COMMENT FOR EACH DIFFERENT ENTRY TO QUALIFY!
4. You must include in your post a way to contact you....email, Etsy shop address...something! If you do not include a way to contact you, your entry will not be counted.
1. You get one entry for going to Rachel's shop and telling us what your favorite item is and why.
2. You will get 2 entries for blogging about this giveaway, with a link back to here. So simply blog about it (first) then return to my blog and post a comment with the link to your blog. Post YOUR blog entry first and then the comment....I won't go back again and again to check...I will only check once...if it's not there....no entry
3. Since Rachel is offering a 10% discount, anyone that makes a purchase and then comes back here and posts their purchase will get 5 additional enteries!
So that's like 8 entry possibilites in all!