Monday, April 6, 2009
Monday Morning Blues
Wow, Monday morning rolls around way too fast! Where exactly did the weekend go? Lately I have to be careful not to blink for fear I might miss them! High hopes for wonderful weekend plans and then dread as you begin another work week! Monday Morning Blues...everyone has them from time to time. Well why wouldn't you? Spend a fun, carefree weekend only to be faced Monday morning with a "to-do" list that is a mile long. Not to mention that next weekend seems like it is a million miles away. Well, you're not alone. At least 75% of the working world suffers from Monday Morning Blues! Come on, admit it....you know the feeling. The comforter feels like it weighs a thousand pounds....such an effort to throw it off of you and hop into that shower....best to just lay here a few more minutes.
So here are a few quick tips to help you make it through that dreaded Monday Morning:
1. Read something inspirational. Now, I don't mean break out some full length novel, just some little quip or quote. Something uplifting and happy!
2. Wear a new outfit today! Now, here again....you don't need to go out and break the bank. Even that awesome bargain you found at the thrift store over the weekend....something pretty and NEW TO YOU! Not only are you wearing something new....then you get to brag about your awesome find too!
3. Treat yourself to little treat today. On your way to work or to do your errands...grab your fave drink or treat....whether it be hot chocolate, that cup of latte or that ice cream cone from Baskin Robbins. Indulge and enjoy! Make it special.
4. Do something nice for someone else today. Drop someone a little card, bake some cookies for your elderly neighbor...brightening someone else's day will brighten your day as well.
5. Finally....plan for a special Monday night....make special family dinner, plan for a game night. Having something to look forward to at the end of the day, will make your day brighter and go by a little faster as well!
So now....go out and have a happy Monday Morning!