Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Skalkaho Falls


Today I thought I would share another picture from my neck of the woods. I'm not sure what has been up with me lately, but haven't been up to par lately with my posts...and I apologize for that. Hopefully I will be able to get back on track after today.

Any way about a 30 minute drive from where I live. There is a road called Skalkaho (pronounced Skal-Ka-Ho)Highway. And by highway they mean....at times....a dirt trail. It is a narrow winding road over the top of a mountain. During the winter, this road is closed. But as you make your way to the top, you are rewarded with this awesome waterfall. It is kinda daunting. It is REALLY close to the road and REALLY loud. But it is definately worth the trip with the mountain. Also...I chose to include myself in this picture as a size reference....so look closely. THis is one of the few pictures you will see with me in it. I hate to have my picture taken. So tomorrow I promise to be back on track...enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Great picture Deb! Is that snow to the side of the waterfall?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was snow...the day we crossed the pass on JUNE 6...they had a fresh coating of snow...well in the valley it was a coating..in the mountain it was more like 4 or so inches.

    ReplyDelete